Friday 19 July 2013

Fanta Chicken Recipe

A few years ago I used to make diet coke chicken and it was delish, so when I heard about Fanta chicken I was all over it! I did  little tweaking to my own taste, but it is still syns free for Slimming World.


Ingredients


  • Diced chicken breast
  • Peppers
  • Onions
  • Carrots
  • Pineapple
  • Pasatta
  • Fanta Zero
  • Vinegar
  • Sweetener
  • Veg Stock (optional)


Method

Fry of the chicken either in fry lite or in a little veg stock, I do ll my frying in stock! When the chicken is halfway cooked add chopped peppers, carrots and onions (and any veg). Meanwhile in a pot mix 2 cups of pasatta, 600ml of fanta zero, a tablespoon of vinegar and sweetener to taste. Bring the sauce to the boil and then simmer for 15-20 mins until it thickens up then combine with youe meat and veg.

Serve with rice, noodles or potato. Add pineapple chunks at the very end as you serve. (if you cook them you need to syn them)

It tastes similar to sweet & sour sauce and is yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment