Wednesday 17 July 2013

Here I Go Again...

Bathroom Scale
Bathroom Scale (Photo credit: -Paul H-)
I have pretty much struggled with my weight from my teens and from time to time I have managed to lose a chunk of weight, but I can't say that I have ever really been happy with my weight. I really need to lose some weight in order to have surgery that I need to remove my gallstones, but I lack the motivation needed. I have tried Weight Watchers on and off and I have attempted to make a start on my own, but I am just hovering around the same weight (which I estimate to be around 325lbs).

It has been 4 months since I last saw my surgeon and I  am now preparing to face him next week and tell him that I have gained weight rather than losing anything! This has to end now! I am setting myself a challenge here and now to get healthy! It just so happens that tonight there is a Slimming World class close to my home, so I am going to give that a try. I am also going to set myself some exercise challenges.

I will use this blog as a journal, a recipe book and a record of my progress with the ultimate goal of losing 100lbs before my graduation next year (approx September 2014). That equates to approximately 1.6lbs per week which I think is do-able!

This blog is mainly for myself, but I will leave it public in case it helps anyone else out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment